Tuesday, June 12, 2012

In the Beginning...there was only ONE...

This is a Pisces sign on the back of my neck.
I just recently got my very first tattoo...at the age of 31 I decided to do it now or I would never do it at all. I was not completely ready for what was in store for me. I had several people say, "Oh, its going to hurt." or "You won't be able to stand the pain." But more so than ever I got "It is addicting, you will want more." And I do. I want more.

I love tattoos....I love body modifications in general. I got my first body piercing this year too, a nose ring.

During my trip to NOLA, before I left actually, I decided that I was going to get a tattoo while I was down there. I wanted my girl Amber to be there while I experience a turning point in my life; therefore, I decided to get a tattoo while visiting her. All my girls were excited for me. After a week of looking and deciding on where to go...and putting it off till the last day...I went to Untouchable Tattoos in Hammond, LA. Glen...or Gene...I can't remember his name now...did my tattoo and he was great. My girls loved him. And I think he got some teasing from his buddies for having a party on his side of the booth. Four girls in a tattoo shop full of all guys...it was a trip.

My girl Yoshika called me a "G," a very proud moment in my life. It wasn't painful, it didn't really sting that much. It was more like someone taking a pen across my neck. I am sure that other areas of my body are more painful to get a tattoo on but this was nothing. I didn't want to move or breathe though because I didn't want him to mess up. I think he did a great job...and no...it is not an H it is the Pisces sign. My next venture is getting mermaids swimming around it. I am looking for artist to send me stuff. I am looking at all sorts of tats now.

I think it is time for me to live for once. The main reason I am starting this blog...besides for my creative writing class...is to also tell my journey of tats and piercings. I want to expand the tattoo I have and get several others. I want more piercings that I think would look great. I want to be a creative artist and my body the canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment