Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pre Consultation with Just Jones in Arts

I have wonderful friends that hook me up with people that have great talent.
My friend Cressie recently introduced me to a tattoo artist on Facebook. His name is Scott Jones and he is on Facebook under Just Jones In Arts. I have been looking around and plan on looking at all the tattoo shops and artist in the area.

Original Art work by Scott Jones of Just Jones In Arts
I have a consultation set up with Scott for today. I like the idea of a consultation for something that is going to be permanent on my body. My hair stylists has consultations with me when I color my hair. So I love the idea of having a consultation with an artist to see their style, set up and how they work. But I also like the spontaneity of just going into a shop and getting a small tat, like what I did in NOLA.

I can't wait to see what he comes up with on the design. I put up one of his designs that I really like as an example of his work. I like this style of tattoos.

I spoke with several people today about where they had their tattoos done. I was quite nervous about just going up and asking someone about their tattoos..but when I just bluntly said, "I like your tattoos, where did you get them done." They seemed to open up more on the subject. When I told them that I had my first tattoo they were even more eager to tell me places to go and artist to see.
Someone I had in my english class last semester even gave me a few pointers on what to look for when I go to a tattoo parlor.

South Carolina is one of the states that just made it legal for someone to own a tattoo shop...so SC is really new to the art of tattoo. I have been told by so many people that this is not the best state to get a tattoo, but my thought on that is: everyone has to start somewhere. I didn't just pick up a camera and start shooting people as a photographer. I practiced and I am currently learning how to use my equipment and how to use it well. I think a tattoo artist has to do the same. Granted though it is a persons skin they are practicing on....I think some of them use pig skin, but you can't always be so critical of someone before you even meet them. But because of my inexperience in this field I am taking Yoshika with me to ask questions and advise me. She has a bunch of tattoos and knows what to look for. So my skin is in her hands.

My first artist review will be with Scott...since that is my real first consultation set up. I don't want to lead people on into thinking that I'm gonna get my tats with them though. For my big tats I want to see the person's style, get a feel of their personality, and consult with them. For the small things I want to be spontaneous. I like just going out on a whim and doing something small...but big deserves planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment